Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New beginning

Let's be honest, I haven't felt comfortable in my skin for quite sometime now.



I grew up playing basketball. I spent the majority of my day on the court, and it was my life for 22 years. I played in college, and I used to dread conditioning and hard practice days. I've always hated running and training, but I did it because I wanted to be better at the game I loved. I celebrated after my last day of basketball conditioning my senior year at Kentucky Wesleyan College. Now, I long for the days that I was forced to get up at 6 am and run until I puked. I feel out of shape and over weight. I've dieted and given mediocre effort to working out in the last 6 years. Well, I've finally had enough. It's time to start living a balanced life again and giving 110%. Going to the beach this summer was the final straw! Time to get my body back!

So, whats the solution? Getting back to my roots: WORKING OUT UNTIL IT HURTS!


One of my best friends and former teammate, Whitney, let me borrow her Insanity workout program. I'm not looking forward to doing these workouts. I did the fitness test yesterday, and I almost collapsed. But, I am looking forward to the results. You get what you put in, right?

Well, there it is. I've publicly declared my goals, so there's no turning back now!

"It's supposed to hard. If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great." - A league of their own

Let's do this thing!
Mrs. Patmore

No comments:

Post a Comment